metatag verify

...caught in the middle...

Friday, October 24, 2008

Yep. Old.

So, I lamented about my age here a while back, and got some much unneeded affirmation this weekend at the tournament I coached at.

In the hotel lobby, I ran into an old player of mine, Chris. Now, I had known Chris since my rookie days as a high school assistant. In fact, I knew Chris since he was in middle school.

Well, guess who is coaching now? Yes, you guessed right: Chris.

You know you are old when your old/graduated players start coaching.

We had a blast reminiscing about the old days. Chris was a fiery player in his heyday, so I needled him by telling his current players of how their coach acted way back when, and I advised them to give him a hard time.

It was great to see him; I wish I had seen him in action.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger