metatag verify

...caught in the middle...

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Using YouVersion to bridge gaps.


Understatement of the year: I love YouVersion.

As a free mobile Bible port, its introduction is, in my humble opinion, one of the most significant occurrences in mobile ministry.

It has given smartphone users a common bond, and the possibilities are endless.

Recently, I have been thinking of an unobstrusive type of ministry that provides fellowship and counseling type of opportunities in the local (Charlotte, NC) area. To this end, I have been using YouVersion as a personal devotion tool for my wife and I.

The tools were all there: we downloaded YouVersion for BlackBerry to each of our devices. Also, I signed up to be a member of YouVersion.com, which gave us access to notes written by other users, and to add our devotion and expository notes.

In practice, it was easy; either one of us could go online and add notes for a future remote devotion. Now, we had to have phone/EDGE access (and/or Wi-Fi in the case of my 8320) to access the Bible translations, but we never had a problem.

So, as you can guess, it was a nice experiment. We were able to do in-depth devotions during lunch hours, out-of-town trips, or anytime it caught our fancy. The email-a-verse utility allowed for opportunities of random encouragement.

Now, think of this on a larger scale. Think of how this can bolster fellowship meetings or small groups. You can send a supportive scriptural reference to anybody with access to the web and a free YouVersion account.

Pretty nifty... also why YV for BB is my favorite application.

Sent via my BlackBerry.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger