Yes, I am looking for a new Pastor.
I have just about had it with mine. His sermons almost always get on my nerves.
Note that I have no problem with the church body; no, not at all. It's Derek alone that I can't stand.
This morning, he had the audacity to speak about service -- about becoming Christ personified in the way we approach helping others. He spoke about how, for him, Christmas prep was sometimes a drag, and how it could feel like just another chore.
I guess I would have been fine, but every time I tried to laugh self-consciously, I felt a sharp jab in my ribs from my wife, who figured her elbow should be used as a constant reminder that I was no better.
Whatever.
In any case, he specifically challenged the married guys to be better husbands (the women applauded), and even hinted at the fact we could be better servants by doing more around the house on Saturdays. That was truly unforgivable.
So, I am off to find a pastor who is a little less into forcing me to confront my deficiencies. Someone who will let me be me, even if it means I'll fall short of God's plan in my life.
Boo, Derek. Boo. Can't trust a Tennessee fan.
Sent via my BlackBerry.
Sunday, December 07, 2008
Looking for a new Pastor...
15:32
Unknown



4 comments:
Awesome Tre!
I'm glad you are @ the Branch.
d
I wanna take Sam to that church when we come to visit NC.
Interesting post. Although my interest in the blog is probably skewed, because I think the blogmeister is a great guy, I have to sit back and ponder perhaps the pastor is on to something. Do we as men have a short coming or perhaps a deficient nature about what we truly think are our responsibilities? I disagree that any part of Christmas is a drag, however. I think this special time means something for each of us that can’t easily be described or conveniently placed on a nice shelf of a predescribed definition of what it is supposed to mean, a drag isn’t in the dictionary for Christmas though. Wow, say that twice.
I do like the fact that he is questioning the men of his congregation, do we do enough, interesting? Where does our duty start and our obligation begin? Are we wrapped up in what our fathers, or even their fathers, thought they should do or what they were responsible for? Men, we know we love out families more than anything, challenge yourself for a month without complaint, treat your Queen, and that is what is she is, to 30 days of you cooking and sending her out at least once a week to take care of herself. Cave time, does that apply to women? Barefoot and in the kitchen, I think not! I challenge that it is not a deficiency, yet a need that we have to be taken care of. The problem is, and he seems to know it, sometimes we need to take care of those who take care of us. Taking care of others who may not have anyone else to jab in the ribs is our responsibilities as humans. What a concept!! I think I could ponder for hours, but this isn’t my blog.
ch
Post a Comment