So, I wrote earlier that I had $50 stolen from me on Saturday. We are on the tightest of budgets during this transition, so we have been more careful than usual.
My wife did her best to console me, but I was quite upset.
In any case, we visited my Twit pal Derek at the church he pastors on Sunday (okay... "Twit pal" sounded cooler in my head). The youth ran service, and we had a blast. Pastor Scott's message was on point, and the worship was sorely needed. As we left to introduce ourselves to Derek, right after offering, this guy -- a complete stranger -- furtively squeezed a C-note into my wife's hand.
Quite confused, we continued out into the lobby, where Derek and I "met" each other.
After introducing each other to our respective spouses and laughing about Twitter, I told him about the gift, and why we had to give it back.
He was genuinely unfazed.
"That is the type of people we have here. I am sure he felt God stated you had a need, and he listened."
He ignored my prideful protestations. "He blessed you. That's what people do."
That simple... and he was right.
I'd love to say that I listened, and that my pride allowed me to humbly accept.
I ran around the church looking for this person. Without success.
Later on, during quiet time, I allowed myself to focus on what I was supposed to learn. Was I too concerned about perception to accept a blessing? Or am I man enough to be graceful while adding an important clause in my mind to bless others as well?
Thank you, Lord, for being good even when I too dumb to appreciate it.
Sent via my BlackBerry.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Funny how things work out...
21:03
Unknown



0 comments:
Post a Comment