Every so often, we are lulled into thinking that we are all one big, happy family. We forget our differences, and come together to celebrate long lost concepts like brotherly love and understanding.
Now, you and I both know the natural balance has to be restored periodically. This is why we have election years. They remind us how much we really dislike each other.
I can see why the folks behind campaign ads are in high demand. It takes a special type of genius to strike the delicate three-way balance between sadism, fantasy and outright comedy. It's like a juvenile game of one-up. Since all candidates are so clearly bad people (as told by the respective opponent), I am torn. Coin flip, anyone?
I can also see why our Model removed Himself from the political arena, and resisted the draw of earthly power. It's crazy.
I contend that we -- the church -- should really focus within. We need to worry about the speck first. We are dropping the ball on easy things. You know, loving and ministering to people, and being a little less judgmental. Making an impact socially -- locally as well as worldwide.
I know it might not be the most popular view, but it is one that I sincerely believe must be addressed if we are to be relevant.
It is gonna take a little bit more than donut holes -- or rhetoric -- to reach those we need to reach, and it is gonna definitely take more than electing one man.
Sent via my BlackBerry.
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Decision 2008
18:29
Unknown



0 comments:
Post a Comment