metatag verify

...caught in the middle...

Monday, August 18, 2008

Another great day on the field

Day Two of the tourney... and it started out drearily.

First, I was good to go at 7.00 am for what I thought was an early game. It was cloudy, and a bolt of thunder prompted me to check the weather and my email before leaving.

Turns out that the games were pushed back due to inclement weather. Further information would be relayed to us.

So I spoke to my team manager, and she explained that the game was scheduled for noon. Well, being hearing dyslexic, I thought she said 2.00 pm.

So, one can understand my consternation when I arrived at the field thinking I was very early just to find out that my ladies were already toiling without me. With what we have been through, they didn't need a missing coach added to the mix.

I was really upset.

We lost that game 2-1. I hated that we lost. Still, we played with no subs against a Classic-level team, so I think we should be proud.

The second game was a nail-biter. We held on for the 1-0 win against another Classic team, so the ladies really deserve kudos. We played the last five minutes a man down again due to an injury, and the ladies kept at it, and won.

Gotta say that I loved the coach of the second team. He was gracious, respectful and compassionate. When one of my players got hurt, he made sure she was okay and even offered ice (and we were winning at the time). I found out that he coached the sibling of one of my players. In any case, my kind of coach.

Seeing my ladies with their parents, smiling while accepting their trophy and individual medals is another memory to be cherished.

I am proud of these warriors!

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger