So, it was one of those headlines that grabbed at me...
Two Men Live With Lions To Attract Attention To Saving Them.
Come again?
Now, without getting into the meat of the article, it was clear to me that this is not something I am called to do. I am one of those weirdos that buy into conserving the planet, but living with an animal that can eat me -- in order to save it -- is just not something I can wrap my mind around.
I can do puppies... may even bunny rabbits. I can see myself going wild and living with teddy bears. But lions, cheetahs, tigers and the like... well...
Seriously, the headlines would be shameless: youth pastor/coach decides to live with lions to save them... and does so till the end.
Modern day lion-whisperer gets inside lion's head (and eventually, its stomach).
Youth worker gives his all to furry friendly felines he adored.
Humans show a unique aptitude for being able to sacrifice for the things we care about. We'll go to unique lengths to ensure we meet the ethical standards we place for ourselves. It defines are humanity.
This is why missions are extremely important. Old-school methods in a fast-moving world. Humans loving humans will never grow old, and even the Lord showed how important social responsibility is. Sometimes, the neediest people are not across the globe; they can be in the house down the street.
Some food for thought...
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Saving lions
14:00
Unknown



1 comments:
Sometimes, the neediest people are not across the globe; they can be in the house down the street.... or sitting next to you on the couch.
Nicely said.
Post a Comment