Tournaments will make or break you.
Saturday, April 16, 2011
What a day...
20:30
Unknown
With the torrential rains coming through, it has been in interesting Saturday. My older team (Gazelle) played first game against a team that had my school (CPS) keeper... we lost a tight one, but it was a mixed bag. I love to see Katie do well, albeit at my expense.
Immediately after, I had to dash across town to get to my younger team (Samba) matchup, guest coached by a fellow trainer Danny. We won that game.
We then had a predetermined rain delay to allow the serious thunderstorms pass. At 3:15, we repeated the sequence -- one game here, then a dash to get to my next game before halftime.
Ended up with two ties, a win and a loss spread amongst both teams.
I am so proud of both teams. My older team is very, very different from a week ago; player movement and injuries changed our entire complexion. They have done so well to raise their own performance, and it is exciting and humbling to watch. Though it has been a rough season, they continually fight to do well.
My younger team has quietly become a formidable force in our division. We lost out on the championship, but an undefeated regular season made me so proud of them. Hopefully we can bring home so hardware tomorrow.
All in all, it was a hectic yet rewarding day. I was supposed to be break-dancing at a fundraiser for our children's department (long story... a blogpost for another day), but I think my age is definitely beginning to show.
Remembering Julian Brown is still a privilege.



0 comments:
Post a Comment