metatag verify

...caught in the middle...

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

YouVersion. Again.

YouVersion became a part of my walk not that long ago. A Twitter friend brought it to my attention, and I remember thinking it was too good to be true.

I gave it a whirl, and became such a fan of YV that I penned a review about the Blackberry port. I got to meet some pretty cool people affiliated with Lifechurch.tv, and got to understand the vision that guided the minds of the folks behind YouVersion.

Since then, YV has gained steam, and has become such a blessing in the lives of even more people worldwide. The idea of making Bibles accessible to people in the form of mobile software wasn't new, but removing the financial barrier to ownership was revolutionary.

In its early days, its biggest attribute -- portability based upon wireless signals -- sometimes could be a drawback. Still, this is somewhat soothed by the presence of offline (downloadable) versions on the iOS and Android ports. This makes it even easier to get Scripture, any lack of cellular signal and/or wifi notwithstanding.

I have been blessed with an opportunity to be part of the YV Android testing group, and watching the way the developers respond to glitches and release new builds has been fun. I am particularly smitten with the new Notes feature of the Android port; now I can make notes and add spiritual revelations on the go, right from the handheld. I already rely heavily on YouVersion to do my job, but this added functionality blows it out the water. Add that to the pre-existing multiple translations in multiple languages, social networking connectivity, built-in reading plans and access to "Live" events and scripture word search, and you can see why this software is such a hit.

All in all, I consider YV to be such a huge part of my ministry, and I recommend it to anyone who wants to learn about God. You can do it on any major platform with data access, including a regular desktop or laptop.

For Android users, it is readily available on the Market.
--
Sent via Android.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger