This is from my dear friend Pam. I admit she is loony, but she does have a heart made of gold, and because this cause is important to her, it is important to me.
Dear friends and family:
Most of you know that I don't normally send out solicitations, and I apologize if you've made it onto this list and would rather not be there.
Unfortunately, this is one that is near and dear to my heart. One of those that is closest to me is living with this disease and I have seen first-hand what it can do.
Fortunately, Carey is in remission - her ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY is TODAY!! - but for those with Myelogenous Leukemia, remission means a pill every day, not a cure. A chemo pill. With some pretty nasty side effects. Still, the side effects are better than the alternative, which is not surviving the diagnosis.
Last year, our team raised over $2000 for this cause. I am hoping that this year, we can shatter that record and help even more people fight this disease. I'm raising money for a very important cause: finding better treatments and cures for blood cancers so patients can live better, longer lives through The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Light The Night Walk. I'm asking you to help by making a contribution! Please use the link in this email to donate online quickly & securely. You will receive an email confirmation of your donation as soon as it is made. I thank you in advance for your support which will make a difference in the lives of thousands of patients battling blood cancers.
I really appreciate your generosity!!
http://pages.lightthenight.org/nc/Charlnc09/waalien
Thanks, Pam
Monday, September 14, 2009
Light the Night
10:00
Unknown



0 comments:
Post a Comment